Thursday, April 8, 2010

Friends Beach Trip

A couple of weeks ago, the kids and I had a wonderful opportunity to join Julie & Charlie at the beach. Julie's folks have a beach house in Seaside, and we got to enjoy it for them for several days. What a treat! We all had a great time..and the weather was fantastic (for Oregon)!My kiddos seem to like the beach as much as their mama does. Yeah!!
Two peas in a pod.

Avery had a blast running on the sand.

Do you remember candy necklaces/bracelets? Well, we introduced the girls to this "very special treat" and they worked very hard at trying to get all the candies off. Charlie succeeded fairly quickly but Avery had a bit more of a difficult time. Poor Benjamin was thinking "hey girls, don't I get one too?"

Windy but gorgeous day!

Mommy was trying to take a pic of Benjamin while he was strapped to her in the Bjorn. I LOVE my little boy!

Avery enjoyed everything about the beach. The simple pleasures of just taking off her shoes and sliding down a sandy hill.........how often do we as adults do that? What a joy to watch her. I LOVE my sweetheart.

Their mommies: Friends by Choice for over 20 years.
These two little angels: Friends by Force for almost 3 years.
This "arrangement" seems to be working. ;-)
Julie made a game of hopskotch for the girls. Oh my goodness....does that take you back?

The view behind the house.

It's time to feed the ducks. Cheerios and bagels...anyone???